Friday, August 31, 2007

there are times when i begin to dread my imagination. i begin to wonder what on earth shapens the edge of memory? as i sit here in tiny little office, desperately trying to do my work, something comes up as a sudden flash and i am back where i used to be. back where i know how everything goes, i know the faces. you would think memories are a blessing. there is a flip side when you cant take them out of your mind. why do i still see those places so clarly? would i rather not then? catch 22. i see the people, the way the sunlight falls, the shadows, the hot pitched road, a thin sole. someone beside me. faces that pass by unconcerned. i can see myself standing there. i can see everyone. i can hear everone. but no one can hear me. im invisible and i do not want to be so. and this is not a dream. it is not even a nightmare.
i go with them. into places that i know only too well. i go with them, i talk to them. but know one can see me. they think im somewhere else. but im not!!!! im right there with them.....but....
what am i trying to get at? what am i trying to say? i live in an illusion? hardly. e je ghor shotyo. would i wake up where i was? how does one do that? you know my problem? i still look at the skies and imagine flying home. everything i see around me reminds me how far i am from home. homesickness. all neatly tied up into a word. yet so much is left out of it. i deal with the package and everything else that could not be packed. so much of it...............

2 comments:

Toy Chat said...

your nostalgia makes me bleed...yes love,i know what u mean...i know only too well...who else would?but don't hurt so much...coz ur pain leaps out from the words...remember??"it won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me..."
jackie paper,have heart...puff hasn't ceased his fearless roar yet... :)

Seoulful Sagas said...

i trully agree wit u on the fear of yr own imagiantion. n God!!! whtever u hve written is sooo damn true!!!!!!! i actually feeeal as if im the one in yr post!!!!!
memories are eally had to forget. they are a blessing bu thn they can also hurt u the most!!!